Saturday 2nd of May 2020
About your training
One day 𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱 course that will not only teach you how to deliver Chair Based Yoga to the elderly, but will also will bring you a deeper understanding of the positive impact chair yoga can have on the elderly and those with low mobility.
– The benefits of chair yoga for the elderly
– Sequencing of a chair based yoga class
– Chair based yoga asana- adaptation and contraindications
– Basic pranayama and contraindications
– Basic principles of meditation / relaxation
– Creating a class plan/ Practice
It is advised that participants are yoga teachers (or students ) or are trained to teach Chair Based Exercise already.
Carers, fitness pros and school teachers may also attend provided they have been practicing yoga for over 2 years.
I fell in love with yoga 10y ago and since I have completed 800h of yoga training that allowed me to explore yoga from a more therapeutic point of view that fitted personal health struggles and those of my clients.
The aim is to make 𝘆𝗼𝗴𝗮 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆
I have been teaching chair based yoga for almost 3 years in Aberdeen with the Health & Wellbeing partnership, MS Society and Sport Aberdeen.
I am a Registered Yoga Teacher (Adapted, 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗿 & Restorative, Kids & Special Yoga) with Yoga Alliance Professionals and your training may count as 7.5 contact hours.
I am also a certified Chair Based Exercise instructor and Health Scientist BSc in Health.
Investment: £110+£2.50 booking fee
BEFORE YOU ENROLL- CHECKLIST
- You need to be seen and heard: this means you’ll need access to computer/laptop or tablet with a (built in) mic and camera.
- You will need a bigger than iPhone screen to see me too while teaching.
- You need a chair without arms and an old yoga mat for the chair to go on top to stop it from slipping.
- All other props like blankets, strap, block are optional.
- You need a free account with zoom. You do NOT need a pro account to join in the meeting with zoom, only host does.
- You need room to practice: Enough for your tablet / computer / laptop to free-stand, your arms to stretch out to the side, enough room to forward bend and walk around your chair. Ideally you also need access to a wall.
- Upon payment you will be redirected to register for the training.
- FINALLY You’ll need to sign a waiver – Dochub form will be sent to you.