Saturday 22 February
About your training
One day 𝗰𝗲𝗿𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱 course that will teach you about 2 different aspects of chair based yoga:
– Chair based Yoga for the elderly (majority) and
– Yoga and mindfulness in the classroom.
Location: Coventry, CV5 8DR
Chair based yoga for the elderly
– The benefits of chair yoga for the elderly
– Sequencing of a chair based yoga class
– Chair based yoga asana- adaptation and contraindications
– Basic pranayama and contraindications
– Basic principles of meditation / relaxation
– Creating a class plan/ Practice
Yoga in the classroom:
– How to practice chair based yoga in the classroom
– Yoga Breaks in the classroom.
– Why do yoga in the classroom
– How to make yoga better to children.
– Yoga games (in the classroom).
– Mindfulness & Relaxation techniques for children
– Resources and further training /reading
It is strongly advised that you are a well-seasoned yogi (over 2 years of practice) before attending.
Suitable for the following disciplines:
Yoga teachers & students, Chair based exercise instructors, carers, school teachers.
I fell in love with yoga 10y ago and since I have completed over 500h of yoga training that allowed me to explore yoga from a more therapeutic point of view that fitted personal health struggles and those of my clients.
The aim is to make 𝘆𝗼𝗴𝗮 𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗲𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗯𝗹𝗲 𝘁𝗼 𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗿𝘆𝗯𝗼𝗱𝘆.
I have been teaching chair based yoga for over 2 years in Aberdeen with the Health & Wellbeing partnership, MS Society and Sport Aberdeen.
I am also heavily involved with Active Schools Aberdeen, delivering yoga classes to children in schools across the city for the last 3 years.
Kids and Chair based yoga are literally in the heart of my business.
I still deliver over 12 classes a week to schools, community & sport centres across Aberdeen.
I am a Registered Yoga Teacher (Viniyoga, 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗿 & Restorative, Kids & Special Yoga) with Yoga Alliance Professionals and your training may count as 9 contact hours.
I am also a certified 𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗶𝗿 𝗕𝗮𝘀𝗲𝗱 𝗘𝘅𝗲𝗿𝗰𝗶𝘀𝗲 𝗜𝗻𝘀𝘁𝗿𝘂𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 and have a BSc in Health.
Please do not hesitate to get in touch for more information or any questions you may have about this event.